Saturday, May 30, 2009

Summer Art

Right now I have some free time so I created a new Milton painting. It is not finished, I still have some detail to add. I tried to experiment more with color, contrast, and medium. I used colored pencil, watercolor, acrylic, newspaper, and marker. I made every thing up on the spot, just spilled my random miltonosity onto a an old piece of foam core (i ran out of everything else). The painting is 2 feet by 3 feet, and it is entitled "I Read The News Today". It reminds me a bit like Bosch's Garden Of Early Delights.

I took this with my phone...















I did a few others, but I don't think they are worth posting, especially with the horrid quality with my cell. (I need to get a new camera) Time at home has been nice. Boring, but relaxing. I got my wisdom teeth removed last Tuesday, so I've been taking it really easy this week (aka going on Facebook and eating ice cream). I spent some time with my sister, she is quite the painter herself. She did a baby portrait, and it was one out of 5 paintings chosen by the art department chair of our high school to be sent to the Mayor, and it might be displayed at the Capital Building in DC. Pretty sweet. I'm listening to some 90's bands as usual...Letters to Cleo, B.I.G., Sneaker Pimps, Veruca Salt...I really want to see Third Eye Blind in concert in June if anyone wants to go with me.

Tomorrow I'm going on my bike and I'm going to start reading "White Teeth" by Zadie Smith.

Check out my new flickr by the way. http://www.flickr.com/photos/38953983@N08/

Topanga

1 comment:

  1. there are tiny unicorns in the distance! oh my goodness!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete