Sunday, July 26, 2009

I am busy

I am so busy. holy cow.

I work about 6 days a week. And my schedule is always changing. But I like it that way.

Mondays and Wednesdays I am at my internship. Its been going really great, I can't believe how much Ive learned so far. I'm learning more than I did in school...Its like I'm taking a reality course...for free. Munroe is such a great company-Their headquarters are located in Philly, where they are known very well a ranked #2 in design firms. My aunt Elise actually interviewed with the company 10 years ago, so she also knows the owner, who I met a couple of weeks ago. I am working in the New York office, and the people are quite a delight to work for. I've designed quite a few things which include signage, advertising, logo and identity design, and brochures.

I'm going to begin tutoring a new student tomorrow for the Math SAT and Math B Regents, and work with him on the evenings of my internship days. The student lives only a few blocks away from the company I am interning for, which is very convenient. I have enough time in between to grab a quick bite and do some last minute prepping.

One or two days a week I am at my dad's office, which is a commercial brokerage firm. My dad has me come in on the week days that I am not working. I design his marketing materials and fliers. He keeps me very busy, for his business juggles over 40 properties at the moment.

Two to four days a week I work at Ann Taylor LOFT. My schedule changes each week-which I absolutely hate. I never know when I'm going to get hours. Still, I love working there, I love selling and buying the clothes, and talking with clients. My paycheck from LOFT goes right back to LOFT. I'm learning a lot, this is my first retail job, and gaining some good people-client type experience. Plus socializing and meeting the other associates is fun too.

In August, I'm going to plan a trip to Quebec and Montreal with my best friend from High school, because its my birthday and its nice to get out of the city before school begins again.

This Thursday, I'm going to the Hamptons with my mom and my friend. We're going to sell some art and chill for the day. It will be nice. I have to work at LOFT at 5 though.

As I said, busy busy busy. I wasn't even expecting all of this, it just kind of came to me. I have not enough time anymore. No time to read. No time to work out (or Im just lazy). NO TIME TO DRAW MORE MILTONS. sad face. I'll get back to it soon...I owe a ton of people.

Topanga

No comments:

Post a Comment